Latest News Updates
- Fitness classes
- "Walkin' to the Oldies" - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 9:30 am
- Strength for Seniors - 2nd and 4th Tuesdays 10:30 am
"Dress A Girl Around the World" - 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of the month 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Help cut, sew or iron and help put together dresses for this international organization.
- The senior center will be coordinating the 2022-2023 Book Buddy Program for 1st graders beginning Thursday, September 29th. CVSC is looking for community reader volunteers to be part of this program. If you would like to be a valued reader for this program, please contact Lora Bremer (507-263-2136) or John Hobert (507-298-1147) to volunteer and become a part of a reading team for the 2022-23 school year. Give back to our community through our youth!
- AARP Safety Driving Classes will begin at the senior center May 24th, 12:30 – 4:30 pm. Cost for the class is $20 for AARP members, $25 for non-AARP members. Completing this class will give you a discount on your car insurance depending on your insurer. Please call to let us know you’re interested as class size is limited to 20.
- We are sponsoring a Spring Senior Trail Ride to Lake Byllesby, June 7th. We’ll be driving golf carts down the scenic bike trail beginning at the Mill Town parking lot and stopping at Lake Byllesby for a picnic lunch, then back down the trail home. Call if you are interested in being on a cart. There is no charge. Call Lora at 507-263-2136 to reserve your seat.
- Interested in creating a beautiful live arrangement for your special spot? Bring a 10 – 12inch pot to the senior center May 19 at 2:00 and Lora Tudewahl, Master Gardener, will guide you in planting a showy flower pot! Plants and soil will be provided.
- Please call to let us know you’re coming as class size is limited. (We suggest a $15 donation to the senior center to cover costs – thank-you)
- Blood Pressure checks are offered the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month 9:00 – 10:30. Come in and see if you’re running smoothly!
- Hop on the bus to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, August 6th to see the performance "Footloose"! Tickets are $100 that includes transportation to the front door of the theatre, lunch, gratuity and the performance. Call CVSC for your tickets 507-263-2136
- The Branson trip has been cancelled. We are continuing to take reservations for The Ark Encounter. October 10 - 15. Tickets are $665. Visit www.GroupTrips.com/CannonValleySeniorCenter for pictures, videos and information.